- The 2018 Geelong Chess Club Championship and Reserve Championship commenced on Thursday, 19th July, 2018 and will finish on Thursday, 16th August, 2018.
- The events are both Round Robin Tournaments, with all players competing for the 2018 Club and Reserve Championship.
- Players have 90 minutes to complete all moves, with a 30 second increment per move.
- All games are ACF rated.
- Clocks start at 7pm on Thursdays.
Players can request a postponement if they are unable to attend a round. Please forward postponement requests to:
email email@example.com or
text message to Michael Sugrue on 0419 545 671
- Postponement requests must be submitted no later than 5pm on the Tuesday before the requested round.
- The requesting player must make arrangements with their opponent to re-schedule their match.
- Players may accumulate no more than two postponements.
- If preferred, postponements may be re-scheduled to after the Championship concludes on 23rd August, 2018.
- All postponed matches must be completed by Thursday, 30th August, 2018.
- Postponements not completed by 30th August are forfeited by the requesting player.
In the event that two players are tied for first place, a two-game tie-breaker will be held. If players are then still tied, they are both declared Champion for 2018.
Please direct general enquiries to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or please call Michael Sugrue (DOP) on 0419 545 671